Education within a college and/or university alone no longer guarantees you a good job. The current job market is more competitive than it has ever been, and Stop Abuse for Everyone offers a genuine internship experience that will not only prepare you for today's job market, but will also help transform you into an asset for any company YOU choose to work for. Classes pertaining to your major are no substitute for real world job experience and this internship does not consist of typical thankless and menial work, but provides a true hands-on experience through direction and personal management. Completing this internship experience will help put you at the top of the list among job candidates.
If you're interested in working in the media, doing an internship while you're in college is an absolute must. You can most likely get academic credits for it, but most importantly, you will gain valuable hands-on-experience that will impress prospective employers and give you an advantage over other applicants when entering the job market.
"I can't emphasize enough the importance of summer internships," says Randy Hagihara, recruitment editor for the Los Angeles Times. "The more the better."
- Knowledge of Adobe products: Illustrator, Photoshop, and Flash
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be organized, very motivated and enthusiastic
- Basic understanding of email
The kind of projects / tasks they will be undertaking will include:
- Interviewing writers for the website
- Contributing to the writing for the website development, newsletters, and Featured Article section of the website.
- Assisting in adding new contacts to our database.
- Website: Update content and events on our website
- Facebook: monitoring and updating our Facebook page
- Twitter: monitoring and updating our Twitter page
- Write press releases on current events.
- Other events – helping out where required.
- Uploading stories to the website.
- Sending out newsletters to our members.
- Updating databases with key contacts
Duties include but not limited to:
- Daily communication with PR and marketing professionals.
- Help manage and create online blog and social media content for Facebook and Twitter
- Aid in editing articles that will be posted on the website.
- Building our writing team
- Conduct interviews with potential writers for the website.
- Improve website development
- Assist in designing various types of brochures, ads, and flyers on a project-to-project basis
- Working as a team with other interns to assure office communication and organization
- Completing long-term projects assigned by hierarchy
By the end of this training the trainee will have learned to:
- Add real world experience to their educational credentials
- Write articles for a national website
- Work on a strict deadline
- Create content to be used for advertisements, i.e. events, brochures, and flyers.
- Participate as part of a team, on shared assignments and projects
- Compile a portfolio of completed assignments at the end of the internship
- Better understanding of the organizational structure of a company
- Strengthen relationships through various networking opportunities
- Demonstrate valuableleadership and teamwork skills